[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Browsing for accessions with a certain classification

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Thu May 9 13:09:11 EDT 2019

Hi all,

We are using v2.4.1. So as a full disclosure, I've not thoroughly explored
custom reports. But I am wondering about any way to access accession
records as filtered by a particular classification. We're doing our best to
use the native system as is. But the primary accessioner at my institution
had a question I could not answer.

All he wanted to do was to retrieve all the accessions he'd tagged with a
certain classification. Is that not possible through the GUI?

I sent him to browse --> classifications. Then, after selecting a
particular classification, 2 levels down, it gave him a list of records
that had that classification assigned. From there, there was no facet to
get him the information he wanted. JUST accessions, not resources that also
had the classification.

I then looked at the native reports. There was one named Accession and
Linked Subjects, Names and Classifications. 1) the report failed for me. 2)
the results, at least by the report name, will be too broad (he only wants
a certain classification, not all subjects and linked agents), and  3) why
can't we just browse for this without a report.

I can query the database, but am I just missing something? Why can't he
just get to accessions with a particular classification by browsing? I must
be missing something.

Thanks!
Olivia
--