[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace v2.5.2 now available

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Jan 15 15:00:22 EST 2019

ArchivesSpace is announcing the availability of v2.5.2. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.5.2.

This release contains program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. In addition to more accessibility improvements, the release fixes an issue that those with Windows servers were experiencing when producing a PDF from the staff interface. The release also includes an enhanced agent merge function and more options for configuring OAI-PMH harvesting. There is a short video demonstration of the new agent merging functionality on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkOhCkUPJic.

This release coincides with a substantial restructuring of the technical documentation, including an improved table of contents, led by our Technical Documentation sub-team. The site to find our static documentation is still the same: http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/, but you can submit suggested edits or additions by visiting the tech-docs repository at https://github.com/archivesspace/tech-docs.

Thanks very much to community members James Bullen, Blake Carver, Mark Cooper, Chris Fitzpatrick, Dave Mayo, Trevor Thornton, Mark Triggs, and Lora Woodford for their code contributions to this release. Thanks also to the contract developers we were able to hire through member funds, Alyx Rossetti and Manny Rodriguez (via LibraryHost). Thanks as always to LYRASIS Digital Technical Services for their technical support. And last, but certainly very far from least, we greatly appreciate the efforts of our Development Prioritization sub-team, Core Committers Group and Testing sub-team, as well as individual ArchivesSpace users like Miloche Kottman, Nancy Kennedy, and Cory Nimer, who identified and helped us work through particular bugs and new features that are addressed in this release.

Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/upgrading-to-a-new-release-of-archivesspace/. If you have not yet upgraded to a recent version, we recommend going directly to 2.5.2.

If you have any questions or need help upgrading - or deciding whether to upgrade - please let us know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>