[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchLight Documentation

Tom Cramer tcramer at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 7 16:01:14 EST 2019

Thanks Steve for this extensive write up on ArcLight.

Two other things to note:

1.) ArcLight is based on Blacklight<http://projectblacklight.org/>, and as such does and should continue to benefit from cross-pollination with Blacklight’s extensive community and ongoing code developments.

2.) ArcLight is still a bit rough around the edges; I’m not aware that anyone has put into production yet, though there are multiple “evaluation” sites live. Several of the institutions that have been active in its development up to now are tentatively planning for another work cycle on it in mid-2019. At Stanford (at least) that is when we would plan to finish up development and move it into a live, production service for all our archival collections.

Of course, as open source software, you could become the first to go into production!

For anyone curious about ArcLight development, here are the communication channels (from the DuraSpace wiki page<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/samvera/ArcLight>):

Email list: To get updates or communicate with us about ArcLight, please join the ArcLight Google Group<https://groups.google.com/d/forum/arclight-community> (arclight-community at googlegroups.com<mailto:arclight-community at googlegroups.com>).

Slack channel: To communicate with us more informally, please join the #arclight channel on the Code4l<https://code4lib.slack.com/messages/arclight/>ib Slack team<https://code4lib.slack.com/messages/arclight/>. If you're not on the Code4lib Slack team, you can request an invitation using this form<http://goo.gl/forms/p9Ayz93DgG> or by contacting us via the email list.

- Tom