[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchLight Documentation

Joan Curbow CurbowJ at bvu.edu
Mon Jan 7 15:40:34 EST 2019

Would it make sense to make a bibliographic record in OCLC with a link to your finding aids? I know this means yet another step, i.e. massaging the data to make a bib record, but I’ve done it, and it’s not THAT onerous.

Personally, I am very grateful to those institutions who have seen fit to put their archival collections into OCLC WorldCat/First Search, but I suppose I can see reasons not to go to this trouble, too. The non-library world may not access WorldCat to any degree, so collections may not be quite as discoverable.

Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Joan Curbow
Reference Librarian and Archivist