[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Renumbering Folders

Linda Hocking lhocking at litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org
Tue Jan 8 13:25:35 EST 2019

Does anyone know how to bulk change/update folder numbers? My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I can't seem to find an answer in the documentation. In Archon, one could renumber a group of folders by selecting them and then choosing to move the number up or down. Is there a way to do this in ArchivesSpace? In this particular case, they are entered as children of top containers. If it were possible to edit using the "Rapid Entry" mode it would still be faster than manually opening each file and changing the number in the Instances field, but I can't seem to find a way to do that either. Thanks in advance for your help!

Linda

Linda Hocking, CA

Curator of Library & Archives

Litchfield Historical Society