[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archivesspace dropping https in Staff UI

Kara Hart kstrosch at wellesley.edu
Fri Aug 30 10:55:03 EDT 2019

I've tried these three different settings.

AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = "https://archivesstaff.wellesley.edu"
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = "https://archives.wellesley.edu"

AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = proc { "https://archivesstaff.wellesley.edu"
}
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = proc { "https://archives.wellesley.edu" }

AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = proc { AppConfig[:
https://archivesstaff.wellesley.edu] }
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = proc { AppConfig[:
https://archives.wellesley.edu] }

The last broke AS launching, which makes sense.  I think the default is to
use AppConfig[:frontend_url]
which is AppConfig[:frontend_url] = "http://localhost:8080" by default.

I wonder if that is it.  Because before we made this change the link to the
staff interface from the public interface was http://localhost:8080 and
never rendered.  I wonder if there's another apache setting I need for
localhost?

~~~ Kara S. Hart
Systems Librarian - Library & Technology Services
-
Wellesley College