[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archivesspace dropping https in Staff UI

Trevor Thornton trthorn2 at ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 30 09:03:43 EDT 2019

I think these are the settings in config.rb that make that work correctly
(from the documentation):
AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = "https://staff.myarchive.org"
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = "https://public.myarchive.org"

But we have something like this:
AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = proc { "https://staff.myarchive.org" }
AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = proc { "https://public.myarchive.org" }
with the URL wrapped in proc { }. So try both and see if it helps. If the proc
{ } thing works then the documentation might need to be updated.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:47 AM Kara Hart <kstrosch at wellesley.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> We just built a new server with openjdk 1.8.0_212; Apache/2.4.6; 5.7.26
> MySQL; CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810.
> I migrated the database from a 2.5.1 version and forced a full re-index by
> deleting the data directory contents. At the same time we installed
> certificates to start to serve the PUI and Staff UI over https. My Systems
> staff added the settings to the apache config file and I edited the
> config.rb file and entered the lines as suggested in the https setup
> documentation
> <https://github.com/archivesspace/tech-docs/blob/master/provisioning/https.md>
> .
>
> I'm having a problem with the AS not keeping https on the staff side when
> you click to view or edit records.  I can search and get a list of result
> records in the AS staff UI and navigate around, but when I click on a
> record to edit or view I'm getting a requested resource is not found on
> server error.
>
> EX: a link to a record
>
> https://archivesstaff.wellesley.edu/resolve/edit?uri=/repositories/2/resources/51
> should redirect to
>
> https://archivesstaff.wellesley.edu/resources/51#tree::archival_object_15295
> but instead I get routed to insecure
> http://archivesstaff.wellesley.edu/resources/51/edit
> with error "Not Found     The requested URL /resources/51 was not found
> on this server."
> If I change the last url to https, manually, it does render the edit page.
>
> Any idea with is going on or of a setting I'm missing somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kara
>
> ~~~ Kara S. Hart
> Systems Librarian - Library & Technology Services
> -
> Wellesley College

Trevor Thornton
Applications Developer, Digital Library Initiatives
North Carolina State University Libraries