[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Video Length Metadata

Carole Prietto cap166 at georgetown.edu
Thu Apr 4 13:20:25 EDT 2019

When I look at the dropdown menu for Extent, audiocassette and reel are
among the choices.  Is is possible to add options for the different
audio/video formats you have?
"Reel" seems much too generic for all the different audio and video formats
that are out there. I would prefer to specify the exact format: Audio CD or
VHS or 3/4" U-Matic or Mini-DV cassette or what have you.

Very interested in others' take on this, as we are planning for a finding
aid for a very large AV collection with many formats represented.

Carole Prietto, MLIS, CA | Law Center Archivist
GEORGETOWN LAW | cap166 at georgetown.edu
Edward Bennett Williams Law Library
111 G. St. NW | Washington, D.C. 20001-2015
Office: 202.662.9149 | Fax: 202.662.9911