[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Access term plugins

Kennedy, Nancy KennedyN at si.edu
Thu Oct 11 14:16:55 EDT 2018

All,
Does anyone have plugins to adjust display of subject and agent terms?  For both ongoing description and legacy cleanup, we would like to make it easier for our users to address shared terms and similar/duplicate terms.

Shared terms:  In the Subject (or Agent) record, we'd like to display the used_within_repository data, resolved to the repo_code or name.  It is difficult for our staff users to merge or cleanup subject records, without knowing which other repositories are also using the term.  Right now, only admin users can tell if a term is shared across repositories, making it hard for users to coordinate merges.

Similar terms: We have terms that are duplicates, and others that are similar, but have a different type, for example.  Ideally, our users would also like to see the first_term_type on screen, from within the context of the resource record or even within the typeahead.  While users have various methods for getting around the first_term_type issues, we're looking for ways to make the term type more easily accessible in searches, typeahead, or within the context of a resource record.  We'd like to ease the learning curve by making the data more immediately visible, rather than needing a lot of click-through to verify.

We are in the earliest of planning stages, and would appreciate any tips - or if you've already done something similar, would love to see what you're doing to help distinguish similar terms / shared terms.

Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy Kennedy
Smithsonian Institution