[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ? on how to add Restrictions to archival objects that display at the Container record

Maureen Callahan mcallahan at smith.edu
Tue Aug 21 12:02:58 EDT 2018

Hi Kari,

A video about how to do exactly what you describe is available here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biCDhkbBSng

MC

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:49 AM Kari R Smith <smithkr at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hello, I have done this in the past but cannot find information about it
> in the ArchivesSpace Docs.
>

> I want to add a restriction note (with year range) for archival objects
> (in this case Folders within a Resource record.)  My goal is to have this
> information display when I look up the Container that the items are in.
>

> Would someone point me to documentation on this or write out the steps
> involved?   Thanks very much!
>

> Kari

> Kari R. Smith
>
> Institute Archivist and Program Head, Digital Archives
>
> Institute Archives & Special Collections, MIT Libraries
>
> Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
>
> IASC office: 617.258.5568  http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/
>
> she | her | hers   @karirene69  [smithkr at mit.edu]

Maureen Callahan
Sophia Smith Collection Archivist
Smith College Special Collections
Northampton, Massachusetts 01063
T. 413 585 2981 C. 215.863.1860
mcallahan at smith.edu

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Smith College Special Collections is now housed at Young Library
<https://www.smith.edu/libraries/about/new-neilson/wheres-my-library>.
Learn more about renovations to Neilson Library here
<https://www.smith.edu/libraries/about/new-neilson>.