[Archivesspace_Users_Group] That ID is already in use problem and not being able to delete

Wetherill, Julie M. julie_wetherill at harvard.edu
Mon Aug 6 14:45:17 EDT 2018

Hi Christine,

Harvard has experienced the same problem re: unable to re-import after deleting a record. In our case, a resource was deleted and any attempt to re-import produces the error "ref_id : An Archival Object Ref ID must be unique to its resource". The deleted resource is not findable thru search or browse, but we suspect some fragments of it were left behind in the index and preventing the re-import.

Has there been any progress on identifying the problem? Thanks. -julie

Julie Wetherill
Library Technology Services
Harvard University