[Archivesspace_Users_Group] That ID is already in use problem and not being able to delete

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Aug 8 10:15:29 EDT 2018

Hi Julie,

Typically this error comes up because something remained in your database after a delete, merge, or transfer - possibly because something happened while one of those was occurring that made the operation not fully complete. In most cases those records become "orphans" since they're no longer attached to anything.

To resolve the problem, look in your MySQL database for something with this ref_id - you will have to look directly in the database since it's not coming up via search or browse.  - and then do a MySQL update to get rid of that particular problem record from the database. There's some information on queries for locating and getting rid of orphan records in the ticket at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-220. Remember that backing up and testing first are really important before doing anything with the database.

A plugin is in the works that will make that process a little easier, but especially if it's only a small amount of problem data, there's no need to wait for that to resolve your issue.

If you need help with any of this, feel free to contact us directly at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> and we'll be glad to put a tech support ticket in for you.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>