[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Informal registry of ASpace consultants

Christine Kim Christine.Kim at lyrasis.org
Tue Apr 3 16:12:39 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Around this time last year, we started creating an informal registry of individuals interested in providing consulting services related to ArchivesSpace.

We have recently seen an uptick in requests for consulting and other services. The types of inquiries have quite a range, including help with installing the application, migrating data from a legacy database like Filemaker or a homegrown system, custom interface work, or one-on-one user training/tutorials.

Interested in finding a consultant?
If you find that you are in need of some extra help with your ArchivesSpace instance and are interested in working with a consultant, please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>. Often these requests come from folks who are not interested in hosting options, or cannot pursue bringing a full workshop with an organized group to their regional area.

Please note: The consulting work itself is not managed by the ArchivesSpace program - consultants and prospective clients would work out any details about the scope of work, deliverables, and compensation amongst themselves.

Interested in being a consultant?
We'd like to update our informal registry of individuals interested in providing consulting services related to ArchivesSpace. The registry is provided as a resource to provide information about consultation services and direct those who are interested to them. If you know of someone, or are interested in this yourself, please email me directly at christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org> with the following information.

  *   Location
  *   Services
  *   Experience with ArchivesSpace
  *   Best way for prospective clients to get in touch with you and/or see examples of your work
(Affiliation with an ArchivesSpace member institution is not required for an individual to be listed in the registry.)

For companies and other larger efforts, we do have a Registered Service Provider program which provides additional benefits. Information about the current program is available at http://archivesspace.org/registered-service-providers/why-and-how-to-become-an-rsp/. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have questions or interest in any of these opportunities.

Best wishes,
Kim

Christine Kim
ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Coordinator
christine.kim at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.kim at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x4820
404.592.4820
Skype: ckim.lyrasis