[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ILS and AS

Pyzynski, Susan C. pyzynski at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 27 14:34:54 EST 2017

Hi Jason,

I also heartily second this idea.  We are just at the beginning stages of thinking about these exact questions here.  At Houghton we need a record in Aleph (soon to be Alma)  for invoice paying and managing offsite collections, to get a record in ASpace for accessioning/access, and have a record in OCLC/Worldcat so our holdings are represented accurately.  We are trying to determine the most streamlined workflow(s) to achieve this, and also figure out the maintenance these records in 3 different places.

While repositories needs differ somewhat, it sounds like we are all dealing with a fundamental issue, moving our metadata around in as streamlined and efficient a way possible.

All the best,
Susan

Susan C. Pyzynski
Associate Librarian of Houghton Library for Technical Services
Harvard Library
Harvard University
Cambridge MA 02138
pyzynski at fas.harvard.edu