[Archivesspace_Users_Group] batch delete dates saga continues

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at lib.msu.edu
Fri Nov 10 10:17:30 EST 2017

Hi all,
I just wanted to toss out my latest saga of wrangling the dates field for this particular collection.  Instead of opening and editing each record, I exported it to EAD and have it in an XML editor.  All I would like to do is batch delete everything like this: <unitdate>.*</unitdate> but so far it just wants to highlight and delete the whole range (including everything else) of where these tags exist in the finding aid.  I just wanted to toss it out there, in case any smart people know the magic command.  In searching around, all I get are doing command-line options and it seems like it should be simpler than this!
<thanks>
Lydia