[Archivesspace_Users_Group] batch delete dates saga continues

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Fri Nov 10 10:23:09 EST 2017

Hi Lydia,

Maybe try:

<unitda[^>]+>.+<\/unitda[^>]+>

I think it might be finding the first unitdate begin tag and identifying
all text through the last unitdate end tag. The [^>] indicates any
character that is not end end angle bracket.

Thanks,
Olivia

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Tang, Lydia <ltang5 at lib.msu.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just wanted to toss out my latest saga of wrangling the dates field for
> this particular collection.  Instead of opening and editing each record, I
> exported it to EAD and have it in an XML editor.  All I would like to do is
> batch delete everything like this: <unitdate>.*</unitdate> but so far it
> just wants to highlight and delete the whole range (including everything
> else) of where these tags exist in the finding aid.  I just wanted to toss
> it out there, in case any smart people know the magic command.  In
> searching around, all I get are doing command-line options and it seems
> like it should be simpler than this!
> <thanks>
> Lydia

Olivia Solis, MSIS
Metadata Coordinator
Dolph Briscoe Center for American History
The University of Texas at Austin
2300 Red River St. Stop D1100
Austin TX, 78712-1426