[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bulk upload resources vs components

Katrina Wynn katrina.wynn at maine.edu
Tue Nov 7 11:57:21 EST 2017

Good day all! I have run across a dilemma that I'm wondering if any of you
have found a solution for: uploading legacy records, specifically series
level finding aids already formatted in MARCXML. Currently, you can upload
those items as resources only and can't convert them to components. For me,
this means my 4000 series already in MARC can't be organized into their 200
collections if I upload them as is. And if I convert them to the component
upload I may as well enter them all individually it will require so much
work! I asked to make sure and was told that "You can only use MARCXML or
EAD to create resources, which cannot be converted to components."

Has anyone else run into this? How did you solve it?

--
Katrina Wynn
Archivist and Humanities Professional