[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Components not displaying in one of our repositories

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Mon Nov 6 13:32:50 EST 2017

Hi Lisa,

I’ve no clue what could be causing this, but others have reported the issue as well.  Hopefully the root cause of the issue can be identified with enough eyes on the problem.  So far, I haven’t seen this happen in Yale’s TEST PUI instance (on 2.1.2) or on our DEV instance (on version 20171105-1021).

Chris Fitzpatrick started a thread on the Apace Google Groups about this, though, which might be helpful:  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/archivesspace/PhgUjukaNzQ

My first inclination would be that things are stuck in an indexing loop (e.g. https://groups.google.com/d/msg/archivesspace/mRH_eCDHpwE/2fjb5EAfAgAJ), but that could be completely wrong.  In any event, can you ask someone who has database access to run this query:

select * from archival_object where root_record_id is null;

If they get any results that way, that would cause an issue.

As for whey it would happen in just one repository, I believe that once the indexer gets stuck (and it goes through the record types one repository at a time, I think) then it just won’t ever get to the rest of the record types in that particular repository.  Some of the archival objects in this repository are indeed being indexed (e.g. http://archivesspace.williams.edu:8081/repositories/4/archival_objects/10484), but not completely, since this archival object doesn’t even know which collection it’s supposed to be part of.

Mark