[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Encoding instances without containers

Hilton, Adrien adrien_hilton at harvard.edu
Thu Jul 13 09:11:47 EDT 2017

Hi Ben and Kate,

We're making everything that can/will circulate a Top Container.

We have a number of collections with volumes on a shelf. We're marking them as Top Container Type "Volume" and Container Indicator "1" "2" and so on. Same thing for folders in a flat file. The flat file and drawer are locations (because they don't circulate) but the folder that will circulate would be Top Container Type "Folder" and Container Instance "1" "2" and so on.

Would the same work for artifact or ledger?

Best wishes,
Adrien