[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Suppression of Agent Headings Within Digital Objects

Kennedy, Nancy KennedyN at si.edu
Fri Jul 7 08:56:25 EDT 2017

James -
Have you looked into the "publish" checkbox?  I believe that only the agents set to 'publish' will appear in the PUI. (Sidebar: I'm curious about why you want to retain the duplicate heading, rather than merge? "Publish" would impact all occurrences of the agent, so if you needed to display the 'other' version in some cases, I think this won't work).

Efficiently applying the "publish" setting could be a larger question, of course.. As would making it user-friendly to your staff, as it is not always easy to tell which agents are published.

For what it's worth: exports do seem to include the unpublished agents, so if that is important to you, you'd need a different approach. You're focusing on DO here, but for example,  I notice that the EAD exports do include unpublished Agents, regardless of 'include unpublished' export option.

Nancy

Nancy Kennedy
Smithsonian Institution
kennedyn at si.edu