[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Quick Question about Migrating from Archon 3.21

Rob Green rob.green at uni.edu
Fri Jul 7 09:47:21 EDT 2017

Hi!  No difficult geeky questions, I promise!

I'm leading my University's effort to bring Archon content into
ArchivesSpace, and see that the migration manual is intended for moving
from Archon 3.21-rev2  to ArchivesSpace 1.0.4.   I'm thinking the most
prudent approach will be to install ASpace 1.0.4 on our servers, do the
migration, and then update to ASpace 2.0.x.

>From your guys' experience, is there anything dumb / misguided / foolhardy
/ horrifying about that approach?  Just want to cover my bases before
committing to this approach...

Thanks!
Rob

a.k.a. The New Guy

*Rob Green   *rob.green at uni.edu
*Web Developer III*
*Chair, Library Organizational Development Committee*

*UNI P&S Council: At-Large Rep & Employee Relations Chair *Rod Library,
University of Northern Iowa (Room 231)
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613-3675   | (319) 273-6273
about.me/robgreeniowa  | "Campaigner" (ENFP)
<https://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality>

** Report web problems via https://servicehub.uni.edu
<https://servicehub.uni.edu/> **