[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD import completed but resource, subject, agent records not/half created
Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g)
sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Sat Feb 18 00:19:39 EST 2017
I just tested an import on v1.4.2 of an EAD with subjects and agents elements and it all seems to appear for me.
You might check using the backend API to see if the subject and agents are visible there.
Using the curl_as or curl_as_osx scripts the source distribution or github check
and you’ll get an array of subject id numbers. The last numbers should be the last ones created, so with one of those ids, check:
Alternatively, you can look at the subject table in mysql: "select id,title from subject order by id;”
I’m using subjects as an example because it’s simpler that agents — there are different kinds of agents so there are more places to look. But you can check agents as well if you know where to look.
If you can find one of your recently created subject, then they were created and it’s likely it is a problem with indexing.
You can also try inspecting the solr web console — by default port 8090.
Try q -> “types:subject” in the query form.
If that is the problem, you can try shutting down archivesspace, delete data/indexer_state/* files, and restart archivesspace and see if they appear.
You might also monitor the log file to see if there are any indexer errors.
( This is a lot easier to see if you can run servers separately in development mode. In production, logs from all servers are in a single stream, so if there’s other activity it may be hard to catch. If you can’t do this, it may help to do this when there is little other activity besides the indexing on the servers. )
In another recent thread about broken container indexing in v1.5.x, when the indexer hit an error, it kept attempting to reindex the same records that caused the error, and so nothing after that bad record ever got indexed. So it may be possible that there’s a record causing the indexer to break that is prior to the current imports that seem to be failing. If you want to post sample files, I can try importing them, but the fact that you’re not seeing results from different imports makes me suspect that if it’s not something fixed by restarting and reindexing, it may be this sort of blockage.
On Feb 17, 2017, at 4:57 PM, Cobourn, Alston <Alston.Cobourn at tamucc.edu<mailto:Alston.Cobourn at tamucc.edu>> wrote:
On February 10 I asked for advice on the problem of EAD import completing and creating Resource, Agent, and Subject records but those records then not being findable by browse or search. We subsequently discovered that we were having the same problem with Agent records created through the LCNAF plugin.
And then I discovered that when we link an Agent record to a Resource or Accession record that link is not reflected in the Linked Records section of the Agent record. It is however reflected in the Agents section of the linked Accession or Resource record, and if we update the Agent record, that change is reflected in the linked Accession or Resource record.
It was suggested to me by someone on list that we try restarting our ArchivesSpace instance. Our IT has now done that and the problems described above persist. Has anyone else experienced any of the above problems? We are on 1.4.2. Could this somehow be related to Solr?
Yesterday I tested out EAD import into the AS 1.4.2 test repository of the production instance at the university to which I have recently moved. I uploaded an EAD XML file that I had generated from the 1.5.2 AS repository at my last job. The import says it completed successfully and the import log below seems to support that. All the subjects and agents in the EAD are listed below the log in the New & Modified Records section, and if you click them they do link to newly created Agent and Subject records that say they are linked to no resources.
However, if I browse Agents and Subjects none of the newly created Agents and Subjects are listed. If I search for the newly created Agents and Subjects they are not findable. So I have some evidence that says they were created and other evidence that says they weren't. The resource record I intended to create is also not findable via search or browsing, so it would appear that it was not created, which I don't understand since the background job says completed.
I thought originally that perhaps this was an indexing issue, so I waited overnight but have the same results this morning. Also, I am able to manually add subjects, agents, and resource records in AS and have them appear via search and browse immediately afterwards.
Does anyone have thoughts as to what could be going on?
1. STARTED: Reading JSON records
1. DONE: Reading JSON records
2. STARTED: Validating records and checking links
2. DONE: Validating records and checking links
3. STARTED: Evaluating record relationships
3. DONE: Evaluating record relationships
4. STARTED: Saving records: cycle 1
4. DONE: Saving records: cycle 1
5. STARTED: Cleaning up
5. DONE: Cleaning up
Processing and Digital Assets Archivist
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
alston.cobourn at tamucc.edu<mailto:alston.cobourn at tamucc.edu>
Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list
Archivesspace_Users_Group at lyralists.lyrasis.org<mailto:Archivesspace_Users_Group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group