[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Instances/Containers/Locations

Joan Curbow CurbowJ at bvu.edu
Tue Feb 14 16:53:56 EST 2017

Hi all,

This is a nuts-and-bolts usage question. I’ve set up top containers for all possible containers that I will use. I’ve linked some containers to a collection but did not set the locations, thinking I could do that at the very end of the processing. I also set up locations for my repository. That was actually the first thing I did after attending a training session with Aspace folks.

Now that I’m ready to assign locations to these containers, I don’t see a way to do that. I don’t see any editing function that allows for this. What am I missing?

I played around and added another “dummy” container, and I see how it can be accomplished in that step, so does that mean that that is the ONLY time when a location can be assigned?

Sincerely,

Joan Curbow
Reference Librarian and Archivist
Buena Vista University Library