[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Using the Rights sub-records instead of Conditions Governing Access/Use notes?

Jordon Steele jsteele at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 27 11:18:41 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I know most of the conversation around the Rights sub-records has been limited to digital records, but our analysis suggests that conceptually rights sub-records are simply more granular, machine-actionable forms of conditions governing access and use notes that apply to both analog and digital collections. So we're considering doing away completely with our use of the more general conditions governing access and use notes in favor of these more precise rights sub-records. Has anyone else considered or done this, or considered it and chose not to? Are we missing something?

Thanks!

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele
Hodson Curator of the University Archives
The Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21218