[Archivesspace_Users_Group] “An error occurred loading this record" and merging Top Container questions

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Sep 26 12:25:46 EDT 2016

I wonder if the issue has to do with your indexing. That the records display in the tree and PDF indicate that they're there. If you didn't have permission to edit them, they would still load, you just wouldn't get an edit button. And if they were still suppressed and you didn't have permission to view them, they just wouldn't appear in the tree. Can you ask your system administrator to reindex and see if that resolves the issue? (And since you've mentioned suppression a few times, I take it these were suppressed, then unsuppressed? Is there anything else different/unusual about how this particular set of components was created or edited? Just trying to understand what the sequence of events may have been.)

As for merging top containers, this is not currently possible. There is a feature request at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1436.

Christine