[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Linking to digital objects in AS

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Thu Sep 22 11:05:13 EDT 2016

Hi Stephen,

I wrote a blog post a year or so ago that sort of describes how we handle this at Duke: http://blogs.library.duke.edu/bitstreams/2015/07/06/the-tao-of-the-dao-embedding-digital-objects-in-finding-aids/

Some of this info is a bit outdated, as we've moved most of our digital content into a Fedora repository, but most of the principles still hold.

Our digital resources are discoverable both in finding aids (linked and sometimes embedded) and in our repository interface.  The finding aid interface just pulls the images from the repository based on the <dao> tagging.  Some of this is explained in the blog post.

RE: your last question, we typically link to a repository record with multiple files.  In theory, there is a 1-1 correspondence between digital object records in ASpace and digital objects in our repository.

-Noah

Noah Huffman
Archivist for Metadata, Systems, and Digital Records
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University | 919-660-5982
http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/