[Archivesspace_Users_Group] In Search Of - XSLT to transform EAD export from ArchivesSpace into an HTML document

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Nov 1 12:04:17 EDT 2016

[1] There was a recent pull request that changes the default for :include_unpublished for print_to_pdf :

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/537

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/537/commits/61ec4b06e2d6446d9a184d956d1d0983d6976458

[2] Look in archivesspace/stylesheets/ directory. You can modify those files.

stylesheets/STYLESHEETS_README.md :
ArchivesSpace Stylesheets
=========================

ArchivesSpace includes three stylesheets for you to transform exported
into human-friendly formats. The stylesheets included are as follows:

* `as-eac-cpf-html.xsl`: Generates HTML from EAC-CPF records
* `as-ead-html.xsl`: Generates HTML from EAD records
* `as-ead-pdf.xsl`: Generates XSL:FO output from EAD for transformation into PDF

These stylesheets have been tested and are known to work with
[Saxon](http://saxonica.com/download/download_page.xml) 9.5.1.1 and higher.

The `as-helper-functions.xsl` stylesheet is required by the other three
stylesheets listed above.

[3] We use XTF for serving EAD XML, but we (and I believe most sites using XTF) have customized the standard XTF stylesheets  (which themselves are derived from the EAD 2002 cookbook stylesheets). I don’t believe the standard stylesheets follow @audience attributes to choose to display or not display content. ( I’ve added support but for only one case, not universally. )

— Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library