[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Using Reports

Carlos Lemus carlos.lemus at unlv.edu
Wed May 25 16:11:00 EDT 2016

Hello Stephen,

As of right now, I don't see way to select the records for the report.
However, you can create your own reports to match parameters that you need.
Here are some custom reports we have been working on at the University of
Nevada Las Vegas

https://github.com/UNLV-Libraries/ArchivesSpace-authority-project/tree/master/UNLV
.
Two of them add the authority id to agents and subjects, and the other two
alphabetically order the agents/subjects.

To create your own, navigate to the reports folder in your ArchivesSpace
directory. Here you can create your own report folder, we called ours UNLV
(this is just to separate these reports from the others). Then a new folder
with the actual name of the report (i.e NamesAlphabeticalReport). Here you
create a jrxml file (i.e NamesAlphabeticalReport.jxml) and a
report_config.yml file. jasper files should be created automatically when
restarting ArchivesSpace.

When you take a look at the jrxml files Cntrl+F for queryString. If you're
familiar with MYSQL, that section can allow to customize the query for the
reports. Hopefully, the examples can help you customize your reports a bit.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Carlos Lemus
Application Programmer, Special Collections Technical Services
University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas