[Archivesspace_Users_Group] “Last Modified by” section to reflect all data entry users

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu
Fri May 20 09:58:39 EDT 2016

Hi Brad,

Thank you for looking into this.  With basic data permissions, I added a child component to Testing resource for AR-1197 in the Test ArchivesSpace (through the link) as a user with basic data entry “ltang5”.  With advanced data entry permissions, I added the 3rd Series to Aperture Labs Records. As an archivist, I modified the Communist Party of the United States of America records.  In all cases, the last modified section afterwards didn’t reflect my input.  I logged out and re-logged back in, just to see if refreshing my session would fix things, but that still didn’t work.  Does anyone else have this issue?

I also saw that this was noted from Harvard in 2012 in the ASpace Google group.  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/archivesspace/last$20modified/archivesspace/DSiGt_1J0Fk/NBcHYsE_X9MJ

On a related note, the instances all have a Top Container level which the instances at my institution doesn’t have.  I thought this was one of the updates being rolled out in version 1.5, but it sounds like the Test server here is at our same version of 1.4.2.  Are these Top Containers an extra plug in for now?  Thanks!

 Lydia
​--

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Fri May 20 08:34:58 EDT 2016
________________________________

Hi, Lydia,

That feature appears to work as expected.

See:

http://test.archivesspace.org/accessions/4/edit

and

http://test.archivesspace.org/resources/26/edit#tree::resource_26

Both records were edited this morning by a "user"  with advanced data entry permissions.

Do you see any differences between the user records for your user(s) with basic data entry permissions and those with advanced data entry permissions?

Brad W.

Bradley D. Westbrook

Program Manager

800.999.8558 x2910