[Archivesspace_Users_Group] white screen lock-out

Annie Benefiel benefiea at gvsu.edu
Wed Mar 30 12:53:32 EDT 2016

I have experienced a similar problem using RDE (also in Chrome browser). I have found that when it happens the resource gets "locked out" for about a day, and is accessible when I come back to it the next day. Even attempting to access the resource in another browser fails (tried IE and Firefox). Not so great when you've got a lot of data to enter! In my experimentation I have found that validating the rows before saving them seems to help prevent the "lock out" problem. But I haven't exactly been scientific about it. For longer finding aids I'm using a MS Excel>EAD>ASpace workflow to prevent data loss and lock outs.

Annie Benefiel
Assistant Archivist
Grand Valley State University
Special Collections & University Archives
(616) 331-8727
www.gvsu.edu/library/specialcollections