[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Integrations Update

Galligan, Patrick PGalligan at rockarch.org
Wed Mar 16 10:48:28 EDT 2016

Hi all,

The Integrations subteam has started collecting information related to ArchivesSpace integrations, and are currently accepting any and all information about complete, in-progress, or conceptual ArchivesSpace integrations on our Integrations and Other Community Projects<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ADC/Integrations+and+Other+Community+Projects> page.

As you can see we have three integrations here already, primarily pertaining to description of digital materials either through Archivematica or Preservica. I've included a brief overview of each below:

*         ArchivesSpace-Archivematica-DSpace Workflow Integration

    *   Introduce functionality into Archivematica that will permit users to review, appraise, deaccession and arrange content in a new "Appraisal and Arrangement" tab in the system dashboard.
    *   Load (and create) ArchivesSpace archival object records in the Archivematica "Appraisal and Arrangement" tab and then drag and drop content onto the appropriate archival objects to define Submission Information Packages (SIPs) that will in turn be described as 'digital objects' in ArchivesSpace and deposited as discrete 'items' in DSpace.
    *   Create new archival object and digital object records in ArchivesSpace and associate the latter with DSpace handles to provide URIs/'href' values for <dao> elements in exported EADs.
 *   ArchivesSpace-Archivematica Integration
    *   Introduce functionality into Archivematica that will let users pair digital objects to ArchivesSpace resources/components and automatically generate Digital Objects in AS based on the digital objects.
    *   Create Access/Restrict notes based on PREMIS information entered into Archivematica.
    *   Automatically pair digital objects to ArchivesSpace resources/components through matching digital filenames and AS ref_ids.
 *   Preservica-ArchivesSpace Integration
    *   Introduce functionality into Preservica to manage ingested content according to ArchivesSpace record hierarchies, linked through ArchivesSpace ref_ids
    *   Create linked ArchivesSpace digital records records for materials ingested into Preservica
    *   Enable synchronization of metadata between ArchivesSpace and Preservica for preservation purposes
We'd love to hear about more integrations the community is working on, so please take the time to enter any you are working on into this google form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Nrlix43o78N03ZiTmqWL71_W4YcbiB8w9GPITVP1QU>.

We're also happy to answer any questions you might have.

Best,
Patrick

Patrick Galligan
Rockefeller Archive Center