[Archivesspace_Users_Group] customizing tokeninput dropdowns

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Tue Mar 15 14:19:12 EDT 2016

I'd like to strongly echo Kevin's request for a mechanism that would allow us to disambiguate terms that -- on the dropdown menu -- are identical. Our term list includes innumerable duplicates of authorized topical terms and form/genre terms, and the inability to tell one from the other while editing a resource description is a severe impediment.

 In the context of subjects, display of "type" information would solve the problem most of the time. There are times when it would also be useful to display the subject "source" value -- for example, to disambiguate identical genre terms from different thesauri.

A similar feature for the agents dropdown may have warrant too (to disambiguate identical name forms, from different sources).

Francis

Francis Lapka  *  Catalog Librarian
Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts
Yale Center for British Art
203.432.9672  *  francis.lapka at yale.edu

---

[Archivesspace_Users_Group] customizing tokeninput dropdowns

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Hello,

Our archivists would like, when searching for subjects in the Resource form, for the Tokeninput dropdown to display the first term type for a heading in addition to its label, because we have a handful of terms that are identical except for their type and it would be helpful for disambiguation. Is it possible to do this via a plugin? I know in theory from poking around at https://loopj.com/jquery-tokeninput/demo.html how to edit Tokeninput dropdowns, but in practice it seems buried pretty deep in the application so I thought I'd ask the list to see if anyone else has played around with it.

thanks!  -k