[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Finding aid title vs. finding aid filing title

Helen Thomas helen.thomas at nicholls.edu
Fri Jun 24 11:12:08 EDT 2016

I think I see what you're saying Donnelly. In our records, the
collection/resource title and finding aid title are the same - if the
collection title is "Marion Basset Papers" then the finding aid title is
"Marion Basset Papers," not "Finding Aid for Marion Basset Papers," as
others might list it.

In your example, you have "Bank, Harold" listed after "Bank of the State of
Alabama, Huntsville Branch." If I'm getting it right this time, you want
your resource list to show "Harold Bank Papers" following "Bank of the
State of Alabama Huntsville Branch Records" (or whatever your collection
titles may be), and for the EAD and PDF finding aids to display "Guide to
the Harold Bank Papers." Is that right? If so, then ultimately we want the
same thing, and I would also support showing the resource title in search
results or browse lists and the finding aid title on finding aids. I would
prefer for a user to never see a filing title at all.

Helen