[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Finding aid title vs. finding aid filing title

Walton, Donnelly dfwalton at ua.edu
Fri Jun 24 10:38:55 EDT 2016

Helen and everyone,

Now that I’ve read the JIRA ticket you referenced and re-read your message, I should change to say that  I would like to see 1) the finding aid title, not the filing title, displayed on the finding aid page (EAD)  and PDF.  Within ArchivesSpace  results or browse lists we don’t really care to display the finding aid title—we just want to see the resource title.  We don’t care as much about the filing title as apparently other people do—our wish is that we can customize the display as we could in AT.

In the attached image we see the label as “Title,” but it’s actually displaying the filing title.  We want to be able to display the real collection title.  That’s not an option under User Preferences.

Thanks,
Donnelly