[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ASpace's PDF view of finding aids

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at mail.lib.msu.edu
Fri Jun 24 09:22:36 EDT 2016

Hi,
I’d like to second observations about the font size for notes and their labels.  Also, I am not sure how it could be fixed, but the PDFs in ASpace take a lot of space.  Our legacy finding aids which might take two pages usually print as 5 pages, just because there is so much white space on the page (due to formatting columns, etc).  When I do need to print off a finding aid, I end up printing two pages on a side and back to back, because our finding aids easily tend to be quite long (over 50 pages)!
I also wish it would be possible to format text within the sections.  For example, if we have an Arrangement note with multiple series and subseries, I could intellectually divide things with a semicolon, but otherwise it shows up as one huge text block.
Thanks for reading!

Lydia
--
Lydia Tang