[Archivesspace_Users_Group] adding/correcting instance sub-records & locations

Laura Taylor ltaylor6 at une.edu
Fri Jun 24 11:46:35 EDT 2016

Hi all,

We're in the process of cleaning up our data after importing all our records into ASpace. One problem is that our instance sub-records are either missing or wrong (folders are listed as container 1, leaving out the box entirely.) Locations are also missing. (Not any fault of ASpace, entirely the fault of the data imported.) Additionally, our boxes are not barcoded, but we'd like to do so in the future. We're trying to figure out the most efficient way to deal with these issues. My question is what should we take care of now and what would be easier to fix after eventually upgrading to 1.5? I'm thinking the container 1 issue is something we'll just have to go through and correct in every record...is that right or is there a better/easier way? But that the other stuff (adding locations & barcodes) could wait until 1.5 when we could do it in batches? (I am aware of the issue around not having barcodes when updating.)

Hope that made sense - we're very new to this! Just trying to avoid updating thousands of records individually, if possible...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Laura Taylor | MWWC Catalog Librarian
University of New England | 716 Stevens Avenue | Portland, Maine 04103
207.221.4360
ltaylor6 at une.edu
www.une.edu/library<http://www.une.edu/library>