[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Breakpoints / More Logging in .wars

Stephen Schor stephenschor at nypl.org
Mon Jun 20 15:46:20 EDT 2016

Hi.

I'm experimenting with having ASpace talk to an external Solr.
Sadly, I get exceptions when I go to index-y endpoints like:

   - http://localhost:8080/accessions
   - http://localhost:8080/digital_objects

Example errors from archivesspace.out looks like:

INFO: DEBUG: resetting rack response due exception

Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 4441.0ms

NoMethodError (undefined method `[]=' for nil:NilClass):
  app/models/search.rb:16:in `all'
  app/models/search.rb:8:in `for_type'
  app/controllers/digital_objects_controller.rb:13:in `index'

How have people added a ruby *pry/debugger statement* in code burried in
.wars - e.g DigitalObjectsController#index or Search#for_type?

Baring that - Is there a clear way to lower that log level from info to
debug?

Stephen