[Archivesspace_Users_Group] unpublished resource showing up as PDF download in a Google search

Amanda Focke afocke at rice.edu
Tue Jul 5 14:44:32 EDT 2016

Hello Mang and all -

What I did was search Google for something I know is from one of our
unpublished finding aids,

such as this text string:
"10002.  Genetic regulatory proteins -1 (laci with altered ligand
responsivity.  Kathleen Matthews"

and the result was that the entire ArchivesSpace-generated PDF version
of the (unfinished / unpublished) finding aid is available as the 2nd
hit from Google's results list.

I was hoping to attend the ArchivesSpace webinar which is going on right
now to see if this issue has been resolved,
but the webinar is full. I'll just wait for the recording and if my
questions aren't answered there, will follow up with ArchivesSpace folks.

Amanda

713-348-2124 | afocke at rice.edu