[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Timeout trying to GET top_containers json

Lora Davis ljdavis at jhu.edu
Fri Jul 1 13:42:53 EDT 2016

?Hi folks,

Now that we're finally "in" and operating 1.4.2 with the container management plugin we're trying to go back and do some desired data cleanup.  Currently up on the docket is replacing some "fake" aspace barcodes generated with the barcoder<https://github.com/archivesspace/barcoder> plugin during our migration workflow with "real" barcodes we have stored in a database outside of AS.  Step 1 of the workflow we've sketched out is to GET the JSON for all top_containers in our repository through the API.  (This then goes into a resolving database and matches, based on resource ID, to the top_containers that should have their "fake" barcodes replaced with "real" ones.)

However, we're having a heck of a time getting this JSON and are encountering endless timeouts no matter how small a page_size we set.  By contrast, we can easily issue a GET and return over 2,000 resources without timing out, but to get even 100 top_containers often fails.

Any advice?  Are we falling victim to attempting this while still using the plugin rather than 1.5?

Happy early 4th to those of you that are stateside.

Best,

Lora

Lora J. Davis
Digital Archivist