[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Issue Modifying LCNAF Plugin

Alexander Duryee alexanderduryee at nypl.org
Thu Jan 7 10:21:08 EST 2016

Thanks for all the help - I was able to get the new plugin directory loaded
and properly working.

Regarding why I changed the directory in the first place - I was able to
make working changes on my local machine using /plugins/lcnaf, but ran into
collision issues with the old LCNAF plugin when moving the code to our live
instance.  It seemed prudent to use a new plugin directory to avoid further
issues with overlapping code, esp. as we install updates to the application.

Thanks again!

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) <
sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 7:06 PM, Carlos Lemus <carlos.lemus at unlv.edu> wrote:
> Hello Alex,
> I think I was able to replicate your problem. Did you switch the plugin
> name from lcnaf to lcnaf-new?
> The name of the controller needs to be the same of the directory, kind of.
> Here is more information on that
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20162628/same-controller-name-in-two-different-directories
> I would leave the name as lcnaf and continue to add your changes. If you
> REALLY want to change the plugin name I would
> 1. change the plugin name using an underscore lcnaf_new
> 2. go to fronted/controllers change that file name to lcnaf_new_controller
> and change LcnafController to LcnafNewController
> 3. you'll probably have to change the frontend/routes files from lcnaf to
> lcnaf_new
> 4. change the config.yml also
> 5. and then anywhere where it is using the lcnaf controller change it to
> lcnaf_new probably in frontend/views/index ( this will probably be the most
> tedious, I changed a couple to test your problem and it worked for the most
> part but it's possible I missed some)
> You probably need to change all of those instances of
>   :controller => :lcnaf, :action => :search
> in the views template, *including* the ones that look like they are
> commented out,
> because the comments are actually templates that get activated by the
> javascript.
> But Rails routing is difficult enough that I was having trouble figuring
> out what exactly was
> the main problem in this case. I also was able to reproduce it, but
> couldn’t find a simple fix.
> i.e. the routes in all of those places no longer match up, but I haven’t
> caught THE significant difference.
> — Steve Majewski
> Carlos Lemus
> Application Programmer, Special Collections Technical Services
> University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
> _______________________________________________
> Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list
> Archivesspace_Users_Group at lyralists.lyrasis.org
> http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/archivesspace_users_group

Alexander Duryee
Metadata Archivist
New York Public Library
alexanderduryee at nypl.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/pipermail/archivesspace_users_group/attachments/20160107/8a28475e/attachment.html>

More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list