[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Issue Modifying LCNAF Plugin

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Jan 6 19:26:53 EST 2016

On Jan 6, 2016, at 7:06 PM, Carlos Lemus <carlos.lemus at unlv.edu<mailto:carlos.lemus at unlv.edu>> wrote:

Hello Alex,

I think I was able to replicate your problem. Did you switch the plugin name from lcnaf to lcnaf-new?

The name of the controller needs to be the same of the directory, kind of. Here is more information on that
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20162628/same-controller-name-in-two-different-directories

I would leave the name as lcnaf and continue to add your changes. If you REALLY want to change the plugin name I would

1. change the plugin name using an underscore lcnaf_new
2. go to fronted/controllers change that file name to lcnaf_new_controller and change LcnafController to LcnafNewController
3. you'll probably have to change the frontend/routes files from lcnaf to lcnaf_new
4. change the config.yml also
5. and then anywhere where it is using the lcnaf controller change it to lcnaf_new probably in frontend/views/index ( this will probably be the most tedious, I changed a couple to test your problem and it worked for the most part but it's possible I missed some)

You probably need to change all of those instances of
  :controller => :lcnaf, :action => :search
in the views template, *including* the ones that look like they are commented out,
because the comments are actually templates that get activated by the javascript.

But Rails routing is difficult enough that I was having trouble figuring out what exactly was
the main problem in this case. I also was able to reproduce it, but couldn’t find a simple fix.
i.e. the routes in all of those places no longer match up, but I haven’t caught THE significant difference.

— Steve Majewski

Carlos Lemus
Application Programmer, Special Collections Technical Services
University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas