[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Question about displaying Box # in the container listing on a Resource record (ver 1.4 or 1.5x PUI)

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Dec 14 17:15:48 EST 2016

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/v1.4.2/public/app/views/records/_components.html.erb#L30-L37

is the file you need to modify in local plugin.

That template gets expanded by javascript
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/v1.4.2/public/app/assets/javascripts/record_tree.js

and template variables are pulling from the resource_tree children.

So VERY roughly and just for illustration, you could do something like:

  <li class="record-tree-node {if has_children} has-children{else} no-children{/if}" data-uri="${record_uri}">
    [${level}]: ${containers[0].type_1} ${containers[0].indicator_1},
    ${containers[0].type_2} ${containers[0].indicator_2}
    ${containers[0].type_3} ${containers[0].indicator_3}
    {if has_children}<ul class="record-sub-tree"></ul>{/if}
  </li>
--></div>

except since containers is an array and possibly empty, you need some more logic to do it properly.
In which case, it might be easier to add the expansion in javascript rather than in directly in the template.

But that code above gets you this far (note the error at the end, from I assume an empty container array, which stops it from iterating to the end of the component list ):

[cid:EF13182E-9822-4F3E-980A-1D5E2D76D12B at virginia.edu]