[Archivesspace_Users_Group] How are people integrating various ids like ISNI and VIAF in ArchivesSpace

Doiel, Robert rsdoiel at caltech.edu
Wed Dec 14 18:44:35 EST 2016

Caltech Library and Archives are looking to make more use of the agent/person objects in ArchivesSpace outside of ArchivesSpace itself.  One integration point could be to use common ids like ISNI http://www.isni.org,  VIAF http://viaf.org, or ORCIDs http://orcid.org as identifiers to link content with external systems. Are these on the road map to be included in ArchivesSpaces’ agent model? I think there is a field in EAC that would be used to hold these types of values but AS doesn’t seem to include them.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help and guidance,

Robert
--
R. S. Doiel, <rsdoiel at caltech.edu>