[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Bug related to additions to a controlled value list (event type)

Peterson, Christie cspeterson at email.gwu.edu
Wed Aug 31 13:56:46 EDT 2016

Hi,

Here at GW, we've encountered what may be a bug in the staff interface for
1.4.2, but I wanted to throw it out to the list before reporting it.

We've added a few custom event types to the controlled value list, but they
aren't displaying properly in the main "Add Event" dropdown. I haven't
tested if this occurs with other types of controlled lists.

Here are the steps to recreate the bug:

   1. from the screen for the controlled value list event_event_type, click
   "Create value"
   2. enter the event type name (e.g., "new_event_type") in the Value* field
   3. click "create value".
   4. new_event_type now appears in the controlled value list
   event_event_type as both the Value and the Translation
   5. view an accession, resource or digital object
   6. click on "Add Event"
   7. in the dropdown menu that appears, the newly created event type
   appears as "translation missing:
   en.enumerations.event_event_type.new_event_type"

Not a critical bug, but annoying nonetheless.

Oddly, the new event type appears just fine in other portions of the
application, including the facets on the Browse Events page and the "Type"
dropdown on the Create Event page.

I didn't see this reported yet on the bug list. Could someone please
correct me if it has been reported. Also, does anyone know if this problem
is more widespread than just the event type list, or if it has been
corrected in 1.5?

Many thanks,

Christie Peterson

--