[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Staff interface customization - looking for documentation

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Wed Aug 31 13:24:52 EDT 2016

Hi Kari,

I believe this is the file that controls which facets appear when browsing each record type:

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/frontend/app/models/search_result_data.rb#L215-L257

To remove a facet you can just remove the name of the facet from the list of facets for that record type. You can also add or re-order facets this way. At Duke, we've made several changes to facets in the staff interface by overriding the file above using a plugin:

https://github.com/noahgh221/archivesspace-duke-plugins/blob/master/plugins/local/frontend/models/search_result_data.rb

I'm not sure how you would facet by decade, but I'd love to find out.

-Noah

Noah Huffman
Archivist for Metadata, Systems, and Digital Records
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Duke University | 919-660-5982
http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/