[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Agents as originators, creators, and subjects

Lara Friedman-Shedlov ldfs at umn.edu
Mon Aug 29 16:35:35 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Powers, Susanna S <powers at tulane.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Lara and all,  You’re right that the agent-as-creator does not
> differentiate between main-entry vs. added-entry—I don’t see that as too
> much of a problem, since there are free-text notes which may explain the
> relationships.

What do you mean by "free text notes" ?  Do you mean things like the
historical sketch and the scope and content note?  If so, this doesn't seem
very adequate to me.  It seems to me that it should be pretty easy to tell
who the main creator of a thing is without having to read through detailed
notes.  That seems like basic information that should be front and center.

/ Lara

--

Lara D. Friedman-Shedlov
Kautz Family YMCA Archives | University of Minnesota Libraries
ldfs at umn.edu |  612.626.7972 | www.lib.umn.edu/ymca | @yarchives