[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ASpace's PDF view of finding aids

Carlos Lemus carlos.lemus at unlv.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:57:03 EDT 2016

Hello Celia,

I think I may have seen this question pop up before in the Listserve, but
I'm not sure if it was answered and I could not find it. As far as I know,
it is not possible to have different stylesheets for each repository.

However, I think this is something ASpace should be able to do and I did a
little of investigating. There is a file that looks for the as-ead-pdf.xsl
stylesheet and converts the ead to PDF

https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/1c678fc5a49395daa499c65d0fadbdc7d93b8ea8/backend/app/lib/AS_fop.rb

I haven't quite figured out how to edit anything from backend/lib through a
plugin, but changing the file itself could work. It could be possible to
find the stylesheet per repository based on the repository id. For example,
instead of looking for as-ead-pdf.xsl like it does now. It would search for
as-ead-pdf-2.xsl as per id of the repository.

Sorry, I can't be of much help, if I figure out how to edit those files or
anyone else has input on that maybe I can continue looking into it.

Best Regards,

Carlos Lemus
Application Programmer, Special Collections Technical Services
University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas