[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Object CSV & Overlay

Noah Huffman noah.huffman at duke.edu
Tue Apr 26 09:15:46 EDT 2016

Carolyn, Chris,

Mostly a weird dream, but I’ve seen examples of some scripts that interact with the API to allow batch editing of records with CSV.

Here is one simple example that will batch add a repository processing note to archival objects based on the object’s ref_id.  The input file is a two-column TSV (ref_id | repository processing note text) : https://github.com/noahgh221/archivesspace-duke-scripts/blob/master/duke_archival_object_metadata_adder.py

You could easily swap out repository processing notes with any other metadata field you want to update.

This script is almost entirely based on another script that some folks at the Bentley (U. Michigan) wrote, which batch creates Digital Objects and links them as instances of existing archival objects based on CSV input: https://github.com/djpillen/bentley_scripts/blob/master/update_archival_object.py

Chris, this last one replicates functionality of the BatchDO plugin that Nathan Stevens wrote for AT: http://archiviststoolkit.org/node/246

-Noah