[Archivesspace_Users_Group] langmaterial, multiple languages

Wisner, Melanie mmwisner at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 12 19:46:14 EDT 2016

Just wondering if anyone else has thought about ASpace not allowing more than one language element per resource record. We know we may use "mul" for multiple languages; and we know that additional languages beyond the last (I believe ASpace preferences the last--though someone has a plugin that changes that to the first, I believe?) are preserved in a language of materials note, but both of these solutions don't quite fit the bill, as we see it. We have numerous collections that are in two or more languages, and we consider this absolutely key information for readers.

It would be grand if all the collection-level languages could be acknowledged at the top level. Anyone else?

Yours,

Melanie Wisner

Melanie Wisner, CA

Accessioning Archivist