[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Authority/Subject Heading Workflow in ArchivesSpace

Emily Pyers epyers at slv.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 28 02:04:42 EDT 2015

Hi Phil,

We’re Ex Libris users as well (Voyager, PRIMO, Digitool).  Historically we’ve been creating the Accession record in Archivist’s Toolkit, (extracting the records in Excel, then converting to MARC using MARCEdit delimited text transfer) then doing a bulk upload to Voyager to create a brief record which we then update to create the collection level record.  To date we’ve only selectively pulled the records that we want to create full descriptive lists for back in to Archivist’s Toolkit as Resource records,  but with the move to AS we’ll be looking at doing this work back into AS in bulk as well, and possibly automating the Accession record pull and conversion.  I’m curious therefore to know how far down this path you have gotten – are you currently doing the write-back from Voyager to AS work on a record by record basis?

Cheers,
Emily

Emily Pyers | Collections Cataloguing Librarian | Storage & Digital Collection Services
State Library Victoria | 328 Swanston Street | Melbourne VIC 3000
T +61 3 8664 7368 | epyers at slv.vic.gov.au
slv.vic.gov.au<http://slv.vic.gov.au>

[Australian Sketchbook]<http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/australian-sketchbook-exhibition?utm_source=esig&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Australian_Sketchbook>